Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Looking For An Agent For Solei a 4 year old.

I'm the mother of Solei. She is an aspiring print model and wants to do commercials.
I'm Cassie, a full time marketing student. My first marketing job will be working for my own child since jobs are few, and loans have to be paid off. I've decided to make lemons out of lemonade. It's 2:30 am and I find joy in working for free all day and night for Solei. I know that hard work leads to success.

I am serious about helping her achieve her goals because I had a dream of being a ballet dancer. There was nothing more in the World that I wanted to do than to be on stage like a beautiful swan performing under those hot lights. Pay was irrelevant. I just had a passion for it.

Some how my parents were not to serious about making it happen for me. They had three other children. I don't hold it against them. I count it as a broken dream. We all have some of those.

So I decided that I will do and work as hard as I can to make her dreams come true.
Join us as seek doors of opportunities. One day Oprah will reach out to us I have faith.

Today, I spent the day downloading videos on YouTube of Solei. I haven't a clue as to how to do any of this but I tried and everything turned out well. Yesterday was my actual first day on the job. I happy with the results. If you try hard enough you can do it.

I contacted a guy from ICM, which I was told is one of the largest agencies in the World.
He was in a rush to get me off the phone and said "We only take people by referral."

I thanked him for his time and felt intimidated. I decided to get the courage to call him back and ask so who should I contact? How do I avoid being scammed? Where do I begin?
He was kind enough to say start with boutique modeling and the smaller agencies.

I asked do you have any referrals? He said "I can' t give you any referrals. I thanked him again and felt a little more confident. He was still in a big hurry to get off the line so I refrained from asking more questions. I had lots more. I just wanted him to say don't worry I will help you.

However life is never that easy. It's starting to look as if the road ahead will be like walking to china and swimming across the ocean. It's going to be a challenge.

Next, I contacted an online clothing site for kids called Ollie. I sent them an email asking if they would be interested in having my daughter model their clothing line. I am waiting for a response.

No comments:

Post a Comment